The summer transfer window is closed for the major European leagues. However, following in January, there were a lot of rumors swirling around who was moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest gossip, incoming information, happenings and of course, transaction done!
23 years old Portugal The international striker currently has a contract with AC Milan until 2024, but after Chelsea sought his signature at the end of the summer transfer window, Rossoneri did not waste time initiating contract negotiations on a new long-term agreement.
Having contributed to eight goals in multiple appearances across all competitions this season, it is reported that Leao wants to strike a deal before the World Cup begins in November to avoid distractions. The Serie A champions are willing to raise his salary on his current contract to a regional figure of €6 million per season, but it is understandable that he is looking for a close total. more than 7 million euros.
AC Milan were previously said to be seeking a €150 million fee, his release clause, before they proceed to negotiate a possible transfer.
13.00 BST: Borussia Dortmund want at least 150 million euros from any club that wants to sign Jude Bellinghamspeak The Athletic.
Bellingham, 19, is one of the best young players in the world and has a contract until 2025, (unlike Erling Haaland) with no release clause.
Real Madrid, Liverpool and Manchester United are vying for the England midfielder’s signature and there have been reports that he may choose to leave Germany next summer.
11.50 BST: Two USMNT stars have made big moves to the Premier League this summer but are excited for November.
10.44 BST: Captain Portugal Cristiano Ronaldo said he will not take a break from international competition after the World Cup and wants to play at Euro 2024.
The Manchester United forward said the “road is not over” for him as he spoke at a gala dinner hosted by the Portuguese Football Federation (FPF) on Tuesday to become a goal scorer international highest for men in September 2021.
“I am proud to receive such a great award,” Ronaldo said. “I never thought I could one day achieve it. I thank all the important people in my career. It’s been a long road, but I want to say that my path is still there. not over. [You’re going to have to] a little more download from Cris [Ronaldo.]”
Since making his Portuguese debut in 2003, Ronaldo has scored 117 goals in 189 international matches, surpassing the record of 109 goals set by the former Iran striker. Ali Daei.
A five-time Ballon d’Or winner, Ronaldo captained Portugal to Euro 2016 and 2019 Nations League glory.
“I hope to be part of the League for a few more years,” he added. “I still feel motivated, my ambitions are high. I’m in a team with young people. I want to be a part of this World Cup and also of Europe; I’ll assume that shortly. instantly.”
10.22 BST: El Mundo disclosed a number of contractual requirements due to Lionel Messi to extend his contract with Barcelona in 2020.
The Spanish newspaper claims to have had access to documents and emails suggesting Messi wants a three-year deal, a €10 million bonus upon signing, ensuring he will be paid back his salary. postponement, reduced release clause and a separate box. for him and Luis Suarezfamilies at Camp Nou.
Later that year, following an 8-2 defeat to Bayern Munich, Messi submitted a transfer request via burofax, a recorded form of delivery, but it was not until 2021 that he left Paris Saint-Germain on a transfer. free.
In 2021, he agreed to the terms of a new contract with new president Joan Laporta, even though Barca could not afford to register with LaLiga, while his requests the previous year were never granted. President Josep Maria Bartomeu approved.
Messi has wanted to extend his contract until 2023 with a unilateral option of a one-year extension. He also wants his release clause cut from 700 million euros to 10,000 euros.
He is ready to give up 20% of his fixed salary (about 70 million euros annually at the time) in 2020-21 as the club continues to deal with the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. but he asked to pay all deferred wages. return in the following seasons.
According to the report, Messi also wants to ensure that his brother, Rodrigo, an agent, will be paid what he owes by the club and that his salary will be adjusted accordingly in the event of an increase. taxes, among other things.
09.33 BST: Real Sociedad midfielder Martin Zubimendi is Barcelona’s No. 1 replacement target Sergio Busquets next season, according to various reports in the Catalan media.
Zubimendi, 23, has a contract at Anoeta until 2025 and a release clause of 60 million euros, which La Real is trying to increase, according to Mundo Deportivo. He will make his 100th appearance for Real Sociedad after the international break and has also capped Spain once, although he was not included in Luis Enrique’s most recent squad.
Barca are preparing for life after Busquets, now 34 and out of contract next summer. Diario Sport reports that he wants to leave when his contract expires, with Major League Soccer’s Inter Miami being an option for the Spaniard.
09.11 BST: Dutch midfielder Matthijs de Ligt believes he was on the right track to join Bayern Munich for €77m from Juventus in the summer.
The former Ajax star turned down Barcelona and moved to Juventus in 2019 for 75 million euros and made 117 appearances for the Turin giants. But this summer, the 23-year-old signed a five-year contract with the Bundesliga champions.
“The move to Bayern Munich for me was a huge leap in terms of the quality of the squad,” he said Italian sky. “It’s a club with the ambition to always win the Champions League. At Juventus, that ambition is smaller.
“I felt this was the right time to make the leap in quality and I did. I had a lot of fun at Juventus but Bayern are getting closer to the philosophy of the national team. .”
08.42 BST: Atletico Madrid striker Alvaro Morata revealed that he was close to joining Barcelona during the January transfer window.
Morata, who plays for Juventus on loan from Atletico Madrid, even spoke with Barcelona manager Xavi about a possible move to Camp Nou.
“There were options,” said Morata, who returned to Atletico this summer after two years on loan at Juve. “I talked to Xavi, we talked about football and other things. It was great to talk to Xavi, the coach and a former player that I admired so much when I was younger.
“I had four or five possibilities to leave in the winter transfer window but in the end, the Juventus coach [Massimiliano] Allegri wanted me to stay. Allegri wanted me to stay at Juventus and told me he wanted me to play with him [Dusan] Vlahovic. In addition, Atletico were the ones who had the last day. “
08.00 BST: Real Madrid winger Marco Asensio Still secretive about his future between reports that Barcelona are interested in him.
Asensio, 26, has yet to sign a contract extension with Madrid when his contract expires next summer.
When asked if Barca would contact him, Asensio said Cope: “Honestly, I don’t know. I’m focused on the present, at the moment and I’m here to give everything for the national team and then with my club. I haven’t yet. Come to think of it, I haven’t rated it yet. These are the things that surfaced.
“I got 200 texts from my friends when that [Barcelona reports] was released. I told them that I live in a world full of rumors and that’s normal. From January I can sign with any club and it is normal that I will be linked with many other clubs.
“There’s always news and I can’t control.”
Matt Turner and Brenden Aaronson talk about preparing for the World Cup with matches against Japan and Saudi Arabia.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)
– Arkadiusz Milik Impressing on loan Juventuswho wants to sign a long-term contract with him, says Calciomercato. The 28-year-old striker has scored three goals in three appearances for Bianconeri since joining from Marseille in the summer, and the deal includes an option that would allow the Serie A club to sign him for 7 million euros.
– Arsenal has been associated with Eintracht Frankfurt‘S Jesper Lindstrom late, but SPORTS1 revealed that there is no release clause in his contract that expires in 2026. The 22-year-old attacking midfielder has been a key player for Frankfurt since his breakthrough season in the 2021-22 campaign, and has It looks like teams from across Europe will be monitoring his progress in January.
– Everton midfielder Allan negotiating with Al Wahda, writing Football Insider. The 31-year-old is yet to feature for Frank Lampard’s side this season, and with the transfer window open until October 4 in the UAE Pro League, they hope to land Allan before the deadline closes. door. The Brazilian player joined Everton from Naples for £21 million in 2020.
– AC Milan watching the Ligue 1 winger Jeremy Dokudisclosure Calciomercato. While the 20-year-old has been on the radar of the San Siro hierarchy for some time, they are waiting to see how he performs for Rennes this season. Doku contributed to three goals Belgium beat Belarus 8-0 in March, but since then he has found the majority of his appearances coming off the bench.
– After ESPN reported that Good interested Mauricio Pochettino take over the job of the vacant manager on Tuesday, Daily telegram says that the Argentinian coach does not want to return to managing the Ligue 1 club. Previously Tottenham Hotspur the manager has been a free agent since he broke up with Paris Saint-Germain in July.
– Before Lille midfielder Xeka is set to sign with Rennes until 2024, reports Nicolo Schira. Xeka has been a free agent since his contract with the Ligue 1 club expired in the summer, but it looks like he will stay on. Francetop flight after agreeing to terms with Les Rennais. Previous reports suggested that the 27-year-old had been offered a move to Arsenal.