New Delhi: The Employee Reserve Fund Organization (EPFO) began crediting interest in more than 25 employee contingency fund accounts earlier this month. The pension fund authority left the interest rate on investment in a Reserve Fund (PF) account unchanged at 8.5% for the 2020-21 fiscal year (FY21).
PF account holder can check his balance through sending SMS, Umang app, EPFO website or making missed call.
* Send a text message ‘EPFOHO UAN ENG’ to 7738299899.
* The last three digits of the message indicate the preferred language (e.g. ENG – English – in the above case).
* The service is available in nine languages - Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Marathi, Gujarati, Kannada, Punjabi, Telugu and Malayalam.
* Mobile number must be registered with UAN (Universal Account Number).
Subscribers can also make missed calls to 011-22901406 from their UAN registered mobile number. They will then receive an SMS to the same number with account balance details.
After downloading the app, the subscriber can login by entering the UAN and OTP (one-time password) to check the PF account balance.
* Select the ‘Our Services’ tab on the official EPFO website.
* Click ‘For Employees’.
* Select ‘Member Passbook’ and enter UAN and password to check balance.
Subscribers who have worked in more than one organization will have to check for different member IDs.