It feels like not too long ago I shared my 2021 resolution with break the script and have more fun, and now, here we are, welcoming 2022 to the scene. I know that resolutions can be polarizing, and I’m grateful that the “new year, new you” culture of years past has been replaced by a culture of self-love and acceptance. However, I strongly believe in setting goals to intentionally move in the direction of our dreams, and for me, starting a new year is the most powerful time to do so. So this year, I wanted to share a tool that I’ve created and used to set up my own intentions over the past few years. It’s a simple document that helps me live more purposefully. I adapted it as a Goal and Vision Setting Workbook that you can download and use to define your own “why” –and live 2022 more fully!
In my vision board, I identify my top priorities for the coming year in each area of my life: relationships, career, health, personal growth, spiritual and financial . I then articulate one powerful thing I can do in each of those spheres to create the best traction for my target. It helps me visualize how I want the year to look in an organized way so that I can review and remind myself daily. For me, that visualization, plus a tactical plan to get the job done, is the secret to creating real traction toward our fullest lives.
This practice also allows us to see our own change and celebrate our milestones. Personal quick example: one of my favorite parts of running a business is setting goals with my team, then seeing everyone use their unique strengths to achieve great things together. TB. This year, we hit a major website milestone: over 100 million pageviews by 2021! Behind that number are staying up late for just the right stories, tried and tested recipes over and over, countless zooms, extended shooting days, making mistakes, learning from and retry. Big numbers are exciting, but it’s even more thrilling to witness the journey it takes to get there and the personal growth each of us has gone through in the process. Ours practice goal setting Not only does it help us define our goals, but it also helps us see how far we can go. It wasn’t until I reviewed the goals I had set at the beginning of the year that I knew we had surpassed them.
And that’s what this is Workbook Vision is all about. It’s not about finishing, but about the incredible personal growth that can happen over the course of a year. Our goals are simply roads showing us the way – checkpoints where we are on the right track.
Here are some tips on how to use this goal-setting workbook:
- Enter your email address here to get a link to the workbook emailed directly to you.
- Make a copy, rename it yourself, then use that copy to fill in your own intentions, goals, and dreams. You can delete my tutorials and examples in your own copy — they’re just there to serve as a guide and spark your own ideas.
- Set a beat to review this material often. Save it somewhere you can access it really easily, and don’t be afraid to tweak it and update it over the years.
- Monthly: I review all documents and logs to see how each goal is going and if I need to make adjustments.
- Weekly: I revisit my “people” list at least once a week to remind myself who I want to check in with regularly.
- Daily: I write my mantras and list of desired emotions on a sticky note above my desk so I can intentionally bring that energy into my daily experience.
Please give me your feedback! I would love to know if this workbook was helpful to you and if there are any other similar types of tools you would like to get your hands on. Wishing each of you a great start to 2022 – I hope it is a year filled with personal growth, joy and fulfillment.