Like many games these days, the game is highly anticipated Baldur Gate 3 There are a few different versions with a few different prices. Obviously if you are a D&D super fan, you might be interested in the most expensive one, but what exactly will spending that extra money get you? What about other versions? Let’s break it all.
When Baldur Gate 3 even coming out?
You won’t be alone if you find Baldur Gate 3release status is a bit confusing. Although the game has launched into Early Access in 2020, Full version of Baldur Gate 3 Released on August 3, 2023 for PC (Steam or GOG without DRM). On the dashboard, PlayStation 5 version coming out on September 6. And yes, Xbox and Mac version To be expect in the end, though certain challenges Developer Larian has faced that means we’ll have to wait.
Standard version of Baldur Gate 3 will be available for $60 on PC and Mac and $70 on PS5. But there are a few other versions you might want to consider. The game itself doesn’t have a physical version, such as in a platter with multiple layers of data that you insert into a slot, but the most expensive version will give you some tangible goodies. More about people in a moment.
Baldur Gate 3 Deluxe version
Good news for everyone™: if you pre-ordered Baldur Gate 3 on PC or Mac you will have Deluxe Edition coming soon. Are you sick?
But if you’re using a PS5, it’ll cost you $10 more than the already more expensive version: so that would be $80.
However you source it, here’s what comes with the premium version:
- Divine Bard . Song Pack
- Exclusive dice theme (according to the platform theme of your choice)
- Treasure from the Rivellon Pack (select items from Divinity: Original Sin 2)
- The Mask of the TransfigurationRed Prince’s Arrow Merryweather Bard’s MoonThe Outlaw’s KimBicorne of the Beast
- Adventurer’s Pouch (additional adventure item in the game)
- Digital soundtrack
- Digital art books
- Digital character board
Baldur Gate 3: Collectible Edition
Now for the expensive one. For an awesome $270 you get everything in the Deluxe Edition, plus some physical stuff:
- A custom sticker sheet (damn bomb stickers)
- Mind Flayer vs. battle model. Drow (put it on your fireplace)
- A 160-page hardcover art book (great for coffee tables)
- Faerûn .’s cloth map (Great prop for TTRPG by the way)
- Epic D&D character table (Pro tip: If you want to use them in practice D&D games, copy them so you don’t ruin the original)
- Metal Tadpole Keychain (which you will have to remind everyone is a tadpoles)
- Magic: Gather Booster pack
- A custom-themed metal d20 Baldur Gate 3 (I will still scroll 1 all the time)
- Certificate of Authenticity (show it off to your friends, make them jealous)
- Collector’s Edition d20 metal-based exclusive in-game dice skin
Sounds good, doesn’t it? Well, I’ve got good news and bad news. Collector’s Edition, only available from Larian’s online store, is currently out of stock. Good news? You can provide Larian with your email address to be notified when it’s back in stock. If $270 isn’t too much gold to make you give up on the idea, I’d recommend getting a copy as soon as possible when it’s available again, as it seems like a pretty cool item.
Adjusted for 7/20/2023 7pm ET: Updated to reflect that tMac version without suite release date yet.
Baldur Gate 3 Released August 3rd on PC, September 6 on PS5 and at a later date on Xbox and Mac.